Mickey Mouse. Princesses. Villains. Love. Animation. Even Star Wars and Marvel. Ring a bell? Well, in today’s world, it’s nearly impossible to go about life in most places without at least knowing of the entertainment empire known as Disney. Its creator, Walt Disney, has vastly influenced modern pop culture since his career began in the mid-20th century. Even now, his creations & studio continues to influence culture on a global scale. From huge Disney fan to someone who’s only seen one Disney movie several years ago, if you’re looking to learn more about the famous creator, you’ve come to the right place! Here are 10 interesting fun facts about the famous Walt Disney:
- He dropped out of high school to join the army (they rejected him because he was too young, however)
- Walt Disney loved Peter Pan and even played the role of the famous Neverland character in a school play when he was young
- Disney was the original voice of Mickey Mouse
- Walt Disney didn’t actually draw Mickey Mouse (originally named Mortimer Mouse, by the way) – Ub Iwerks did
- He aided the anti-communist hysteria in the U.S. during the Red Scare in the 1950s
- Walt Disney was nominated for 59 Academy Awards & won 22, more than any other wins & nominations than anyone else in history
- He aided in producing U.S. propaganda during WW2
- He built the first Disney theme park – named Disneyland – in 1954 in Anaheim, California
- Walt had a secret apartment at Disneyland, located above the fire station
- Disney wasn’t cryogenically frozen after he died
Interested in learning more about historical figures & other historical fun facts? Check out our History page! And don’t forget to come back every Tuesday & Friday for more posts. And check out our Facebook & Instagram pages as well to keep up with us on social media!
History 10 fun facts 10 fun facts about disney 10 fun facts about Walt disney America American American Filmmaker American History anaheim california Cartoonist Cartoons Disney Disney Land Disney World disneyland disneyworld Fairytale Fairytales Fantasia Film Film History Filmmaker Films fun facts fun facts about disney fun facts about Walt disney Peter pan Princess Princesses Sleeping Beauty Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs the Disney Corporation The Little Mermaid the red scare the U.S.A. the United States of America the USA U.S.A. USA Walt Walt Disney World War 2 WW2
As an recent college graduate who studied media studies and anthropology in college, Briana Maddox enjoys learning about different cultures, traditions, holidays, historical figures, experiences, and opinions. With a vested interest in sharing such learning experiences, Briana created Life & Anthropology in the hopes of helping other people gain a better understanding and working knowledge of such topics.