Audrey Hepburn was one of the most famous and beloved actresses in Hollywood during the height of her fame. Known for iconic movies such as Roman Holiday, Breakfast At Tiffany’s, and My Fair Lady, she had a reputation for exceeding class and elegance, no matter what role she was in. Over the course of her lifetime, she balanced her acting with humanitarian efforts to help the Allies in WW2 and help those in need gain access to a better life. Although she might seem like a woman of mystery, her life is quite the opposite; she was never afraid of speaking her mind and letting people know what she believed in. Don’t know much about her? Look no further! Here are 10 fun facts about Audrey Hepburn worth learning about:
- She’s a member of the EGOT Club (AKA, she’s won an Emmy, an Oscar, a Grammy, and a Tony; only ~14 people in the world have this title)
- She could speak 5 languages (French, English, Spanish, Italian, & Dutch)
- She started dancing at the age of 5
- While she disliked the Nazis and supported the Allies in WW2, her parents were Nazi sympathizers
- One of her pets was a deer named Pippin (nicknamed “Ip”)
- She dated JFK before he married Jacquelyn Onasis
- A type of tulip is named after her (she had to eat tulip buds during WW2 to survive)\
- She was a special goodwill ambassador for UNICEF
- Hepburn received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1992
- She won a total of 10 awards for her acting
If you’re interested in learning more about historical figures and history, check out LHT’s History page! Remember to come back every Tuesday and Friday for more interesting updates with Life, History, & Travel.
History Actress Audrey Hepburn audrey hepburn facts audrey hepburn fun facts Breakfast at Tiffany's EGOT EGOT winner EGOT winners Emmy Film Film History Films fun facts about Audrey hepburn fun facts about jfk fun facts about John F. Kennedy Grammy Historical Historical Figure Historical Figures History JFK John F. Kennedy my fair lady Oscar Roman Holiday Tony UNICEF who are the 14 EGOT winners who's an EGOT winner World War 2 World War II WW2 WWII
As an recent college graduate who studied media studies and anthropology in college, Briana Maddox enjoys learning about different cultures, traditions, holidays, historical figures, experiences, and opinions. With a vested interest in sharing such learning experiences, Briana created Life & Anthropology in the hopes of helping other people gain a better understanding and working knowledge of such topics.