Mornings can be rough. There’s no doubt about that. If you’re like me and struggle with sticking to a morning routine, don’t worry. There’s always time and room to improve, and a lot of this comes to repetition and following the same steps each morning. (At least that’s what I tell myself). Having a routine when you’re starting your day can help you feel more productive and set a good pace for the rest of the day, whether you’re going to work, enjoying a day off, or going to a family event. You might not always have to follow a routine to a T and some days you don’t even have to have a routine, but it still helps nonetheless.
Now, you don’t have to start doing all of these every single morning as part of your morning routine. You can start off slow with 2-4 of these tasks each morning, and then add in 1-2 once you already have those 2-4 habits down pat. If you need help with morning routines, here are some ways to help you create and stick to a morning routine:
- Always set your alarm & wake up at the same time each morning
- Don’t hit the snooze button!
- Don’t look at your phone until after you eat breakfast
- Make sure you drink plenty of water before you have your coffee (you’re already dehydrated, and coffee only dehydrates you even more; water helps you wake up faster and feel better than coffee)
- Make a To-Do list of things that you definitely need to finish for the day (i.e. pay bills, remember your doctor’s appointment, meet with your boss at X time, etc.)
- Stretch and/or exercise (this helps get your blood flowing and make you feel more energized & awake)
- Make your bed (trust me, the last thing you want to do after a long, tiring day is have to worry about untangling your bedsheets; plus, if you’re feeling down in the dumps, at least you’ve done one productive thing for the day)
- Eat a filling, healthy breakfast
- Take your vitamins
- Pack a lunch (that way you can save money instead of eating out all the time)
If you’d like to read more on creating and sticking to morning routines, check out My Morning Routine: How Every Successful Person Starts Their Day Inspired. And don’t forget to read some of LHT’s other Lifestyle Posts!
Lifestyle Advice creating a morning schedule how to create a morning schedule how to create a schedule how to stick to a morning schedule how to stick to a schedule life lifestyle blog posts lifestyle posts morning schedule morning schedules mornings Personal relationships schedule schedules school sticking to a morning schedule
As an recent college graduate who studied media studies and anthropology in college, Briana Maddox enjoys learning about different cultures, traditions, holidays, historical figures, experiences, and opinions. With a vested interest in sharing such learning experiences, Briana created Life & Anthropology in the hopes of helping other people gain a better understanding and working knowledge of such topics.